It isn’t often that I write book haul posts but I’ve accumulated quite a few over the last couple of months and thought I’d share with you all the pretty books.
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine: I bought this when I met up with a close friend of mine, Asti. There is a quote on the front by Deborah Harkness which sold me – I’m a huge fan – and the blurb said it’s about books so yep, there was no way I wasn’t interested in it.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater: Another one I bought when I was out with Asti. I’m sure there was one more I bought but I can’t remember. This features horses so that’s a bonus and it’s by Maggie Steifvater and I’ve wanted to read another one of her books since I started reading ‘The Raven Cycle’. Review here.
- Night Owls by Jenn Bennett: I’ve heard good things about this which is the only reason I bought it. It seems like I might like it, so we’ll see.
- Another Day by David Levithan: I’ve read Every Day and liked it, so thought I’d see what the companion novel is like.
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell: Being a big fan of Rowell, I aim to read all her books and after reading all her YA titles, I’ve moved onto the adult ones. Although I didn’t love it as much as her YA books, I still really enjoyed it.
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas: I couldn’t wait to read this book and Amazon certainly made me wait for it, while I enjoyed it – Maas writing is just wonderful – I can’t quite get on board with all the relationships. Review here.
- The Tattooed Heart by Michael Grant: Not too long ago, I read the first book in this series and was gripped by it (review here), so couldn’t wait to get my hands on this. I came away with this after a recent trip to Waterstones.
- Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill: Another book I’ve heard good things about. I’m not actually sure I’ve heard anything bad said about O’Neill’s books.
- Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly: I’d never heard about this book until my Secret Sister (part of the #otspsecretsister project) sent me her ARC of it, so I’m interested to see what it’s like. Thanks again Sis!
- Username: Evie by Joe Suggs: This is a graphic novel and I’m always on the lookout for more graphic novels to read. It also said it was a collector’s edition, so felt that I just had to get it. How could I not?
It’s possible I’ve missed a couple but that’s already a big list, so never mind. Anyone read any of the above? What new books have you got recently?