Winner Wednesdays are a monthly (possibly every-other-month, depending on whether or not I’ve loved any books or movies in a particular month) where I will list any books, movies and possibly even songs that were winners for me that month. I will try to only list those that have really stood out for me – otherwise, it will likely end up being a really long list. I mean… it’s rare for me to hate a book that I read.
- All Fall Down by Ally Carter – I loved this book. It was an easy, quick read in a way, but also dealt with serious things such as murder. I loved the characters – especially Noah – and found the Embassy Row setting so fascinating. I can’t wait for the sequel, because this book has definitely stuck with me. See my review here.
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson – This is such a beautiful book. Although in the very beginning, I found it a little difficult to get into, it soon changed and I absolutely fell in love. The art leaps right of the page – it’s just so vivid. See my review here.
- Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff – This is a great and satisfying sequel to Stormdancer. Sequels often get a bad reputation for not being as good as the first, but not this one; it was definitely not disappointing. See my review here.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab – Magic! Regular readers may have realised by now that I love magic, and part of the reason why I liked this book was because of the magic, but also because of the characters. I miss them. You can see my review here.
- The ‘Drake Chronicles’ by Alyxandra Harvey – I actually just reread this series and must mention them. I do not hear enough about Alyxandra Harvey and that must be rectified! This is such a fun and easy read series. I absolutely adore it! I LOVE all the characters and am often laughing while reading it. As I reread it, I noticed how a few characters fall in love rather fast, but I will ignore that because of how much I love these characters.
- Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant – This book is very strange, gruesome and just kind of…awesome. I found myself quite gripped by this story. Review coming soon.
- Jurassic World – This was just a fun, exciting blockbuster movie. I loved how much I was rooting for the dinosaurs.
- ‘Shut Up and Dance’ by Walk the Moon – so catchy. Every time I hear it on the radio, it gets stuck in my head.
- ‘Wings’ by Birdy – OMG, people, I just found out who sings that song in the Lloyds Bank advert! So if you follow me on Twitter (@Oh_thestories), you may have seen my tweet about how this advert makes me tear up every time I see it; I do believe that it’s the combination of storytelling, horses – I love horses – and the music. I had no idea the song was sang by Birdy.
- ‘Photograph’ by Ed Sheeran – Ed Sheeran makes beautiful music and this song is no exception.