I recently celebrated my birthday and thought I would share with you what books I got.
- ‘The Lunar Chronicles’ – I have heard such good things about this series and to be honest, the ‘hype monster’ has taken hold and led me to ask for these books. I do have a feeling I’ll like them.
- The Sky is Everywhere – I have to admit, I’m not sure I had heard of Jandy Nelson before recently; the name sounded familiar, but I couldn’t distinctly remember the name. I had however heard of I’ll Give You the Sun and then read a review by Stacey (Pretty Books) of The Sky is Everywhere and thought: Beautiful writing. A story that is going to most likely make me cry. I want to read this book. I love beautiful writing!
- These Broken Stars – Again, I have heard good things about this book. But, it also has a pretty cover and involves Space, so that is enough to draw me in.
- Golden Son – How could I not want to read this after Red Rising? I need to know what happens next!
- Haunting Violet – If you don’t already know, I am a big Alyxandra Harvey fan. I plan on reading all of her books and Haunting Violet lets me achieve that goal.
- The Mime Order – I loved The Bone Season and have waited sooo long for the sequel. I loved getting this book in my hands; I love holding new books, they are just so pretty and new and The Mime Order is such a gorgeous looking book.
Have you read any of these books? Am I in for a treat?