I don’t usually post on Tuesday’s, but I am delighted to make an exception today by posting my introduction post in preparation for the Fantasy Favourites Read-A-Thon next week; hosted by Inge, Karolina and Olivia.
1. Introduce yourself!
Hello! I’m Chantelle, from England. I’m a newbie blogger, who was inspired to start blogging after stalking my friends’ blog (hi, Asti!), and seeing how awesome it is. I really wanted somewhere to put my reviews. I am a MA Publishing graduate who hopes to one day (hopefully soon) work in the Publishing industry. I love reading beautiful writing (it moves me to tears) and I have a very naughty eight month old kitten, who is very tiring but adorable.
2. Why did you choose to join the read-a-thon?
As a newbie blogger, I thought it would be a great way to meet new people. (I can be very shy, so trust me it’s difficult for me to talk to new people – although it is a little easier online.) Also, I recently got ‘The Lunar Chronicles’ so the read-a-thon helped me decide what to read next.
3. What books do you intend to read? What’s your reading goal and how many pages do you actually think you can manage?
I think I’m going to try and finish Cinder – it all depends how much I love the book and how busy I am.
4. What is your current favourite fantasy read?
This is tricky… It’s so hard to choose, but I think I will say the last fantasy book which I read and loved: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.
5. What is your least favourite fantasy read of all time?
This is even more difficult than the last question… Sorry, I’m going to be a ‘rebel’ and not answer. I really can’t think of one *hangs head in shame*. No…rebel’s don’t hang their heads in shame…*holds head up high, defiantly*.
6. Which fantasy book are you dying to read?
I can’t wait to read The Mime Order, which I will be reading very soon.
7. What fantasy book would you like to star in?
I actually have three in mind… ‘Harry Potter’ of course; Graceling because I am a huge Katsa fan and the ‘Mistborn’ series just because I want to be an Allomancer. Oh, wait…I just thought of another one: ‘The Iron Fey’ series because I want to meet Puck and Grimalkin.
8. Suggest three books for other read-a-thon participants that you think are worth powering through during the read-a-thon.
Graceling – I really related to Katsa as she doesn’t feel like she has to get married and have children. She believes it’s okay to not want this; I found this quite refreshing and could relate to it – of course, it’s absolutely okay if you do want children and want to get married, it’s all about personal preferences, but it’s really nice to have a character say that it’s okay if you don’t want that. I really need to reread this!
The Final Empire – This is the first Sanderson book I have read and I really enjoyed it.
Daughter of Smoke and Bone – I imagine that many people have already read this first book in the series and then went on to read the next two in the series, but if you haven’t then I highly recommend this book and the whole ‘Daughter of Smoke and Bone’ series.
9. If you could choose any fantasy book character to be chained to you during the read-a-thon, whom would you pick and why?
I am a HUGE fan of Puck from ‘The Iron Fey’ series! I just fell in love with him. He’s a great friend and made me laugh throughout the series. It would definitely be fun being chained to him.
10. Tag at least one friend and pester them into participating in this link up! Trust me, next Monday will be fun, especially if you answer question 9!
I’m going to tag the lovely ladies over at Oh, the Books. Asti, Kelley, come join in. 😀