Winner Wednesdays are a monthly (possibly every-other-month, depending on whether or not I’ve loved any books or movies in a particular month) where I will list any books, movies and possibly even songs that were winners for me that month. I will try to only list those that have really stood out for me – otherwise, it will likely end up being a really long list. I mean… it’s rare for me to hate a book that I read.
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks – My review from last week revealed how much I liked this book. I don’t think I’ve read a book before with such social critique – including feminist views – infused throughout the book. And, for this reason, it has made my list.
- The Book Thief – This movie made me cry – very moving.
- “Up” by Olly Murs and Demi Lovato – This song is really catchy and makes me sing along. Every time it comes on the radio while driving along in the car, I can’t resist singing.
- “Blank Space” by Taylor Swift – I loved “Shake it Off” and I love Taylors’ new single that followed it, “Blank Space”. Again, another catchy song. Her lyrics often make me laugh. Have you seen the “Blank Space” music video? She looks kind of crazy in it; it’s funny.
- “King of Anything” by Sara Bareilles – This is not a new song, but I only recently discovered it and I love it SO much! Listen to it, if you haven’t already. It’s good!
Have you read, seen or heard any of these? Have you read any good books, or seen any good movies this past month?